- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lavender flowers (fresh or dried)
Time: Just over an hour (Active Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 1 hour)
Yield: 1 cup or 15-20 servings
- Heat water in a small saucepan until hot but not boiling.
- Add honey and lavender leaves or buds, stir until the honey is completely disolved.
- Remove from heat and let steep for one hour, stirring every fifteen minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve and into an airtight container.
- Syrup will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Photo Credit: Amanda Duff | Taken at Lavender Pond Farm in Killingworth, Connecticut